Saturday, 26 March 2016

RAINBOW SNIPPETS - March 26-27

For more tantalising snippets from a whole host of authors, see the Rainbow Snippets Facebook group, you won't regret it. There are Snippets to suit every reader.

First of all, I owe everyone sincere thanks for reading and commenting on my Snippets of Tawny over the last fifteen weeks.  I haven't been as good at replying to the comments here or on the Rainbow Snippets Facebook page as I should be. But I am grateful, I promise you.

Now, though, I'm in a bit of a quandary. Where do I go next? I've made a start on the next in the Melusine's Cats - Pyewacket. But Two other WiPs have to take precedence at the moment. I'm only three chapters in on both Coins Not Accepted [working title] and Winter's Hunt, but Snippets from either of those will gain me some time...

Okay, so here goes with rather more than six lines from Coins - Miles has received mysterious instructions from his grandfather, and they've taken him and his younger brother and sister to a safe deposit box in a bank vault, and a letter...

~ * ~

He cleared his throat and began to read aloud. "'Dear Miles - '"

"If it starts with, 'if you're reading this, then I'm dead,' I think I'll scream," Mary interrupted.

"Shut. Up. 'Dear Miles, I wish I could have had the opportunity to tell you everything in person, sitting in the comfort of my study sharing some excellent whisky. But Time moves at her own pace and we cannot control her. If you recall, the meaning of your name - our name - is Soldier, and that is what we are called upon to be. We guard the Edge, one of the few fords still open in England. This duty is a proud heritage, and despite Cynthia's insistence that you remain ignorant of the Westermans' sacred trust, I hope that you will take up the mantle. I am aware of your nature, so it is unlikely that you will be able to pass this on to your own offspring - "

"Huh," John said. "Assuming, much. Hadn't he heard of surrogacy?"






No comments:

Post a Comment