Friday, 19 September 2014

Cover Reveal and Update...

It's been a while since I regularly updated my blog, but now I've caught up with some of my writing projects, I can get back to more frequent posts. I've just finished writing my last chapter of Heat, the story I've been writing with RJ Scott, and it's coming out from Love Lane Books on October 25th. The cover is by Meredith Russell, and she's turned out yet another stunner.

Heat - Set in the small cathedral city of Salisbury, Master Chef Lewis Mandineau no longer owns the Laurels, the restaurant that had been in his family for generations. Betrayed and robbed by an ex-lover, he's had to sell to Carnegie Enterprises, an American corporation. That isn't all Lewis has to contend with. Rachel, his beloved younger sister has been left severely hurt by the car crash that killed their parents, and taking care of her has to be his priority.

Enter Devon Carnegie III, sent to assess the viability of the restaurant and its staff. Devon knows all about family tradition. But he also knows sentiment has no place in business matters, and the Laurels' potential is swamped by the debts it has accrued. Devon is a hardheaded businessman, first and foremost, but Lewis and Rachel test his resolve in different ways. Soon Devon is forced to admit that what seems like an impossible love can sometimes become something very real.

~ * ~

Secondly, I've finished the edits on Undercover Blues, and it will be escaping from Manifold Press on November 1st. I don't yet have a completed cover for this, but the draft copy I saw was really striking and eye-catching. Fiona Pickles does the cover art for MP, and she always comes up trumps. I'll post it as soon as I receive the final version.

Undercover Blues - London 1936: industrial espionage, blackmail, and two Home Office agents masquerading as lovers in a dance band. What could possibly go wrong?

With the cooperation of a top ranking scientist and his son, Tom Langton and Robert Darnley are sent in as bait for a gang that uses blackmail to steal industrial secrets at a time when Hitler's rise to power in Germany threatens Europe. The two men are friends, but they each have secrets of their own, both only too aware that homosexuality is against the law. Living in close quarters, having to portray an illegal relationship, adds unexpected tensions to an already dangerous situation.


~ * ~

No comments:

Post a Comment