Friday, 1 February 2013

FOOL'S RUSH - PART 3 OF FOOL'S ODYSSEY

FOOL'S RUSH - Released today from Manifold Press, and to an amazing review from Mrs Condit Reads Books - 5 Stars and a Recommended Read! -- 

"I adored all three books, reading them one after the other. I found the pacing perfect, the plot complex and riveting, the characters compelling and the ending satisfying with a twist I didn’t see coming. I can’t recommend this series highly enough."

And another from MM Good Book Reviews, 4 hearts! -- "I have to recommend this to those who love vampires, a great storyline, twists and surprises, some hot sex and a brilliant happy ending." 

Buy Link HERE

Fool's Rush Blurb - Father Esteve hires Xavi to trace the true owners of the gold found in the crypt of San Pedro-by-the-Wall, but it’s an old and tangled web. Someone has an undisclosed agenda, and a rising tide of anti-vampire reaction sweeps through Barcelona. It’s focused on Xavi and Andreas, which causes additional problems with the vampires of Renaissance. Then Xavi meets a handsome young man who isn’t all he seems, and that’s when things begin to get even more complicated.

Excerpt



Andreas glanced across the restaurant, and saw Lucien Boissant standing tall and slender as a spear just inside the door. "No need, Señor Montserrat, he is an acquaintance. Please ask him to join us."

"Who the fuck is that?" Xavi demanded as the waiter moved away. "Shit, he looks like trouble – that's the new warden?"

"Yes. Behave, Xavier. This is not the time nor the place for dramatics." Xavi didn't answer, but his expression became a wide-eyed disingenuous mask that would have fooled anyone who didn't know him as well as Andreas.

 Andreas didn't rise to greet Boissant as the man approached. The waiter brought a chair for him, but Boissant didn't sit until Andreas gestured an invitation.

"Is this social or business, Warden?" Andreas inquired mildly.

"Both, Warden Rousakis." After one all-encompassing glance at Xavi, he didn't look at him again. "I apologize for interrupting your off-duty time." His tone seemed carefully noncommittal, and Xavi snorted quietly.

"Like any other law officer, a warden is never off-duty," Andreas replied. "How may I help you?"

"I've been extensively briefed by Señor and Señora Marlow," Boissant answered. "But I have had no chance to speak with you, Doctor Cortes and especially First Councilor de Santos. Since it's your duties in Renaissance I'll be taking on, I thought it best we discuss matters first." Another snort from Xavi.

"The warden's office is in the Council House. No doubt you've already been shown it?"
"I have. The file cabinets are locked and the computer requires a password."
Xavi snickered, and received cold stares from both men. "What?" he demanded, gaze limpid and innocent.
Andreas turned his attention back to Xavi. "Naturally, the place is kept secure," he said, his voice and expression serene. "Had I known of the intended appointment, other arrangements would have been made. As it is, other than myself, only the First Councilor has access to the files and computer. As you are aware, a warden does not answer to local councils but to the International Security Department of the High Council, of which First Councilor de Santos is also a member."
"I know that, Señor Rousakis."
"Excellent. So as soon as your position is ratified by them, I will gladly give you full access. I trust Señor Marlow has already contacted them?"
Xavi changed a snort into a cough, and picked up his wineglass.
"I assume so," Boissant said woodenly.
"Just to make sure, I'll contact them myself as soon as I go home and I'll request the ratification be fast-tracked. In the meantime, Warden Boissant, I suggest you begin to learn the people and the area as soon as possible. It will also be necessary for you to meet with the Barcelona Police. I'll set it up with Inspector Gavarró."
"Is that necessary?" Boissant frowned. "I see no reason for me to have any contact with the humans."
"Yes, Señor." Andreas' voice was sibilant and ice-cold. "Very necessary. Renaissance is ultimately under their jurisdiction. Wardens are a necessary buffer, but the laws of Spain and Barcelona apply to all residents. Furthermore, Señor, vampires are human, despite our differences, and prejudice will not be tolerated. Is that clear?"
"Clear. But the separation of our branch of the species from lesser –"
"Do not play semantics with me. You will keep your opinions to yourself. They have no part in your duties as a warden. If you feel unable to comply, I suggest you resign with immediate effect."
Boissant stood. "I will comply," he answered, equally formal and chill. "Good night, Señors."
"Shiiit," Xavi sighed as he disappeared out the door. "He's hot, but fucking scary."
  

~ * ~

No comments:

Post a Comment