Sunday, 4 March 2012

News and Reviews

My two latest releases have received some very favorable reviews! Sirius, guesting at Reviews by Jessewave, gave Fox Hunt 4.5 stars, which stacks up very nicely with the four and five starred reviews/ratings on GoodReads [and the lone two-star *g*].

Sullivan's Yard has also collected four and five starred reviews/ratings at GoodReads - plus the obligatory two-star *g*

Which goes to prove once again that a writer can't please all of the people all of the time.

~ * ~

Jeff Taylor
The current WiP, Finders, Keepers,  is about halfway long the final furlong; the showdown has been choreographed and written, now I'm writing the fallout... The pic is of Jeff, an undercover insurnace agent who makes the mistake of falling for his mark.

~ * ~

In other, more personal matters, my recent diagnosis with Type 2 Diabetes has interfered with my writing schedule. I didn't realise Diabetes could have such a marked effect on my sight! It has really screwed my range of vision. At the moment, none of my glasses give me good screen-vision,while my long-range vision is great with my screen-reading glasses! Can't use the El Cheapo reading glasses you can buy for a few pounds, as my right eye is considerably weaker than my left. This will almost certainly sort itself out in time, as the meds and diet seem to be working really well now, but until it does, writing is a problem.

When a writer has trouble reading the screen while writing, severe impatience and frustration ensues.

~ * ~

5 comments:

  1. I loved what I have read of Finders Keepers... and awesome reviews CQ... XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews and love the sound of the WIP.  I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, hopefully things will sort themselves out in time, just hang in there for now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and well-deserved  news about the reviews for FH and SY (both of which I read and loved)! Looking forward to Finders, Keepers....
    Sorry to hear about the diabetes but am glad to hear the meds and diet are working. Diabetes can be such a tricky thing, so of course your health is the most important issue right now,  Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the Diabetes, but glad that diet and meds are helping.  Taking care of your health is the most important thing now...
    and Congrats on the well deserved phrase for FH & SY, both favorites of mine!
     I'm very excited about "Finders, Keepers" and did I read on your website, the first draft has been started on "Oil and Water"?, the sequel to Aloes!  YAY Perry (and Drew)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well deserved praise for FH & SY...my bad

    ReplyDelete