Saturday, 31 December 2011

Looking Back and Forward - aka My New Year Res Revisited


For the last two New Year Resolutions, I followed [or tried to follow] a Threefold Path of Intent;

I hereby state that my New Year's Resolutions are: I Will NOT Procrastinate. I Will NOT Be Distracted. I WILL Have Self-Discipline. With whips if necessary. So there, Brain. Cough up the goods.

So how did I do? Pretty damned well on some fronts, not so good on others.

1. My Chris Quinton website fell over. Twice. Thanks to RJ Scott - who is a Website Goddess - it is now safely [fingers crossed] at home on Blogger.

2. Had six stories accepted, from novel-length to a short story;

Game On Game Over - Silver - available now
Home and Heart - Silver - available now
Clue Game - Torquere - available now
Sullivan's Yard - Silver - available February 4th 2012
Paradox - Silver - available 2012
Fox Hunt - Manifold - available February 1st 2012

3. I did well on the kudos front in 2011 *g*.

Home and Heart rose to #3 on Silver's Top Ten.

Home and Heart, and Game On Game Over hit Amazon's Top 20 in Gay & Lesbian Fiction and yo-yoed up and down for weeks before dropping out.

Fool's Errand - Manifold Press - received an Honorable Mention in the Rainbow Awards of 2011

Starfall - Silver Publishing - received an Honorable Mention in the Rainbow Awards of 2011

Home and Heart, Game On Game Over, Fool's Errand and Fools Oath all have Silver Stars on All Romance eBooks.

AND Home and Heart is among the nominees for Love Romances Cafe's 2011 Best Contemporary Award, and I'm among the nominees for Best GLBT Author!Talk about being gobsmacked and chuffed as hell *hg*.

4. On the downside, or rather the potentially good side if I get my finger out, I have a list of WiPs to work on;

Top priority is Fool's Rush - first refusal to Manifold Press - this is the last of the Fool's Odyssey Trilogy and I MUST get this finished in 2012!!

Second priority is Finders Keepers

Then, in no particular order, there's:
Oil and Water - first refusal to Manifold Press
Spiked
Cause and Effect
The Carandor Interface
The Lennox Selkie
Tribulation
Amethyst
Bennett's Folly
and sundry other wisps of ideas not yet solidified into a plot line.

4. But I backslid and let myself be distracted, consequently a couple of those WiPs have locked up on me and I'm having trouble shaking them loose. They are the two main priorities for the year.

SO 2012's NY Res?? Exactly the same:

I Will NOT Procrastinate. I Will NOT Be Distracted. I WILL Have Self-Discipline. With whips if necessary. So there, Brain. Cough up the goods, you didn't do too shabbily in 2011.

~ * ~

2 comments:

  1. Congrats for all the well-deserved recognition, I enjoyed all of the stories.....

    and I have to add that I am VERY MUCH anticipating "Oil and Water"...(I miss Perry)

    ReplyDelete